For pupils aged five to 14, the national curriculum provides a structured and assessed education through key stages. The sections on this page have links to the details of key stages 1 to 3 and to material that supports the teaching of the national curriculum:
- National Curriculum Online sets out the legal requirements of the national curriculum in England, provides information to help teachers implement the national curriculum in their schools, and links every national curriculum programme of study requirement to resources for teachers.
- National Curriculum in Action illustrates standards of pupils’ work at different ages and key stages and how the programmes of study translate into real activities.
- Schemes of work show how the national curriculum programmes of study and attainment targets can be translated into a practical plan.
- Designing the curriculum links to two booklets on designing the key stages 1 and 2 and key stage 3 curriculum.
- Learning across the curriculum draws together QCA's recent cross-curricular work
- Parents includes guides to help primary schools get parents more involved in their children's learning and a link to The parent centre, the DfES's website for parents
- Monitoring the curriculum has the latest reports and research from QCA, which monitors and evaluates the curriculum annually.